Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Teaching English

I've had to take a much closer look at the English language in order to be able to talk about it in class. So, for now, I spend most of my free time studying either English or Spanish. And, I like it. It's satisfying to get to use what I'm studying immediately, at work and in my life. It provides me with a sense of purpose that helps me concentrate when I'm at 'the desk'.

And, I love my job. I'm still adjusting to lesson planning and facilitating the classroom experience, among other things. It's hard work, and I often dread going in... But, I always leave feeling exhilarated and highly motivated. I like teaching. I care about my students. I believe in the value of what I'm trying to share with them. Can a person ask for anything more from a vocation? Oh right - money. :)

2 comments:

  1. What do you often dread?

    Yes, the $$ helps. Gotta eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad - I was dreading being asked questions that I didn't know the answer to, or flailing in a job that I really care about.

    ReplyDelete